Iceland Cruise with Trip Leader |
Iceland ~ The Land of Waterfalls, Elves & Volcanoes
Iceland Cruise with Glenn Rawson
With Optional +2 and +4 Day Pre and Post Trip Extension Options Available
June 5 - 15, 2023
Starting at $5,924
Join story teller Glenn Rawson on an epic expedition to the majestic volcanoes, cascading waterfalls, and bubbling hot springs of Iceland, the land of fire and ice.
A jaw-dropping landscape
Start your expedition cruise in Iceland’s capital, Reykjavík, filled with art, culture, and history. We start our circumnavigation of Iceland’s stunning coast by journeying northward. Stykkishólmur is your doorway to the breathtaking Snæfellsnes Peninsula National Park. Nicknamed ‘Little Iceland,’ this region is like an Icelandic ‘Greatest Hits’ album. Here, you’ll find sheer cliffs, peaceful fjords, and volcanic peaks. After that, dive into Iceland’s maritime history in the tranquil fishing village of Patreksfjörður
Crossing the Arctic Circle
Akureyri will stand in stark contrast to the other sparsely populated stops on your expedition. As Iceland’s second city, you’ll have access to first-rate restaurants and museums. Then it’s on to Grímsey, probably best known its proximity to the Arctic Circle, which actually cuts across the island—the only part of Iceland to do so. You’ll have the opportunity to skip, step, or do whatever dance you’d like across the line.
The land of elves
Take in the enchanting beauty of Bakkagerði, the land of elves. With stunning rhyolite peaks on one side and the majestic Dyrfjöll Mountain range on the other, its location could not be more scenic. Finally, you’ll explore Heimaey—Iceland’s Pompeii, which experienced a volcano eruption in 1973, Discover this island’s fascinating story before heading back to Reykjavík, where it all started.
Iceland Cruise Itinerary
Ship: MS Fridtjof Nansen
|Shipyard||Kleven Yards, Norway|
|Passenger capacity||528 (500 in Antarctica)|
|Gross tonnage||20,889 T|
MS Fridtjof Nansen is a next-generation expedition ship, just the latest in Hurtigruten’s fleet of custom built luxury expedition ships. She explores some of the most spectacular corners of the globe.
Interested in learning more about optional Iceland cruise excursions, Pre and Post trip extension options, and other unique things about the ship and tour?
- Outside Luxury cabin aboard the newly launched Hurtigruten, MS Fridtjof Nansen, luxury awarded the safest and most sustainable cruise ship in the world in 2021. Option to upgrade to balcony suites for an additional charge.
- Deluxe Hotels when traveling to and from the ship
- All port charges and fees
- All land and ship taxes
- Transfers to an from the airport & hotels
- Expedition Crew
- Wind and Water Resistant Expedition Jacket & Aluminum Water Bottle
- Science Center with onboard edutainment venue where guests will find a deeper understanding about the areas we will explore.
- Some shore excursions are not included with our package pricing. You will have an option to add our shore excursion upgraded pricing for a discount. Talk to our team about your interest in upgrading excursions on some days.
- Glenn Rawson will be your trip leader and guest educator throughout the week
- Airfare is not included in our pricing, however we have negotiated discounted airfare with all included transfers.