Hawaiian Island Church History and Cultural Tour
with Glenn Rawson
With Optional Pre and Post Trip Extension Options Available
Feb 28 - Mar 8, 2023
Starting at $4,684*
Join story teller Glenn Rawson for an incredible mix of culture, church history and World War II history in one of the most beautiful islands in the world!
Culture and Church History on the Island
We are so excited for this tour. It is a first of its kind tour where we have worked with local members of the church to put together a tour that will allow you to learn from the local experts on church history in and around Laie while getting a chance to experience the very best of Aloha. Start your experience spending a few days on the north shore and visiting the Polynesian Cultural Center, touring the BYU Hawaii campus and visiting the Laie temple. This trip has been organized to find the perfect balance of classic “must see” sites on Oahu with local culture, history and history of the church on the island. This will be a unique once in a lifetime tour with Glenn.
Touring the Island
Throughout the week you’ll have a chance to visit nearly all parts of the island and learn more about the history and culture of the people who call this island their home. You’ll have a chance to take in local food and the famous shave ice and sunsets of the north shore. The tour will wrap up in Waikiki near Diamondhead volcano and area markets.
We will visit the Honolulu church tabernacle that is a one of a kind building that has been called “one dedication and remodel away from becoming a temple.” We’ll also be taking a special tour of some of the mansions and museums that are important to the history of Hawaii and also the church. To wrap up the tour, you’ll spend time visiting the Arizona and Utah memorials at Pearl Harbor and have the chance to tour several of the famous naval vessels that played an important in World War 2.
Hawaiian Islands Itinerary
Aloha! Arrival Day
BYU Hawaii Tour & Polynesian Cultural Center & Luau Event
Sunday Relaxing, Optional Church & Special Fireside
North Shore Tour and Site Visits
Waikiki, Bishop's Museum, Pearl Harbor and other Surprises
Interested in learning more about optional tour extensions, Pre and Post trip extension options, and other unique options to continue your Hawaii adventure?
- Trip Leader, Educator and Story Teller Glenn Rawson
- Hotel on the North Shore of L’aie with walkway to the beach
- Transfers to an from the airport & hotels
- Transportation to all scheduled activities
- Tours and guides
- Base tips for all group tours (*Tips are welcomed for trip leaders and bus drivers)
- Special cultural firesides and learning opportunities + edutainment where guests will learn more about local culture and church history
- Pearl Harbor and group tours on-site
- Special group dinner and luau
- Glenn Rawson will be your trip leader and guest educator throughout the week
- Airfare is not included in our pricing, however we have negotiated discounted airfare with all included transfers.
Glenn's Trips Fill Up Fast - Spots are limited! This will be a single bus tour. Book your spot to join Glenn Rawson Today
*Trip Prices may vary based on room type or location. Options to upgrade rooms to ocean view or higher levels are available at some hotel locations.